Lecture 3.6: SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19
At this moment (November, 2020), the dominant thing in the lives of most people in the world is a disease called COVID-19, caused by a virus called SARS-CoV-2. We, as professional biologists, are on the front lines battling this pandemic (a global epidemic). Why us? Because we understand transcription, translation, protein expression and the function of biomolecules. This is why we study. This is why we become educated. It’s more than mere training for a job–education prepares us for leadership at times like these.
- Read sections 33.1 and 33.2 of the textbook.
- Download Lecture 3.6 slides.
- Watch and take notes on video 3.6.1, SARS Viruses.
- Watch and take notes on video 3.6.2, SARS Pathology.
- Complete the questions on Study Guide 3.6 (not to be handed in).
After completing the activities, log into Canvas, launch BIO 181 and complete Lec 3.7 Quiz.